Tublay lifts liquor ban in municipality

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

TUBLAY, Benguet– The municipal government ordered the lifting of the liquor ban in the municipality but drinking in public places is not yet allowed following the downgrading of the province’s status from general community quarantine (GCQ) to medium risk modified general community quarantine (MGCQ).

Mayor Armando Lauro said that despite the downgrading of the province’s status to MGCQ from July 16-31, 2020, the public should still comply to minimum public health standards to prevent them from contracting the deadly virus and transmitting the same in their communities.

He added that any person below 21 years old and those 60 years old and above and those with immune deficiency, co-morbidity, or other health risks and pregnant women shall be required to remain in their residences at all times, except to access food and basic necessities; accomplish necessary errands or to attend permitted activities outside the home; attend to medical emergenci3es and report for work in permitted industries, offices, or businesses.

Lauro disclosed that the curfew hours in the municipality is from 8 pm to 5 am and that the window period in the municipality is from 6 am to 7 pm Mondays to Su7ndays.

The local chief executive stated that mass gatherings shall be allowed, provided that, participants will be limited to 50 percent of the venue or seating capacity.

See more stories:

Kickboxing competition rules tackled in Benguet-attended WAKO webinar
Benguet towns set up common triage
Notorious Cordillera Drug Cartel Big Boss Fall In Baguio Raid
Sagada mayor grateful to Palace aides for respect of protocols

 

According to him, all establishments in the municipality had been requested to provide health declaration forms or logbook for purposes of contact tracing.

Since the implementation of the Luzonwide enhanced community quarantine (ECQ), Tublay was able to record only two confirmed Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases but the said individuals are now on the way to recovery because of the mild conditions that they have manifested.

Mayor Lauro called on the residents to continue complying with the established health and safety protocols and the community quarantine guidelines because the virus is still in the community despite the downgrading of the province’s status as what is being protected by the local government and concerned government agencies is the health and safety of the populace.

He admitted that the impact of the community quarantine to the economic activities of the residents in the town’s barangays had been enormous that is why it is also important for the concerned government agencies and local government to allow the gradual resumption of some businesses to ensure that people will have sources of income that will be used to augment the needs of their families aside from the relief assistance that had been provided to them.

He also called on the residents to be ready to embrace the new normal while awaiting the discovery of the appropriate medicines or vaccines that will combat the raid spread of the virus.

Tublay is one of the municipalities that is a member of the Baguio-La Trinidad-Itogon-Sablan-Tuba-Tublay (BLISTT) area although it remains as a fifth-class municipality being both an agriculture and tourism area.

By Hent

You might also like:

2020 Cordillera events in pictures
Greatest Cordilleran athletes: Rey Tam
Will Bitcoin Play a Bigger Role for Traders and Consumers in Baguio?
Medical claims from the bible confirmed by science

 

 

Redefining the customer experience at SM City Baguio
How to give your Immune System a boost
Footsteps: A journey of hope
Investing tips: Some things to consider before making an investment


Comments