This post has already been read 139 times!
Nike and retail partner, Green Tee Inc. (GTI), unveiled the city’s pinnacle expression of sport and lifestyle, Nike Fort, on May 21, 2022 which offers immersive in-store experiences while connecting consumers to sport and the community.
Located in the heart of Bonifacio Global City, Nike Fort has served the community for nearly 15 years as a beacon for sport, style and culture while catering to a milieu of shoppers, arts aficionados and fitness enthusiasts who live, work, and play in its urban hub.
Spread across two floors, the 14,000 sq. ft. store is the largest Nike retail space by area in the Southeast Asia and hosts the region’s widest range of Nike products, serving men and women across running, training, tennis, yoga, basketball and golf.
Carrying forward Nike’s belief of inspiring the next generation of athletes to make sport a daily habit, Nike Fort now has a dedicated kids section covering toddlers through grade school.
Built with the intention to innovate and elevate the women’s shopping journey, Nike Fort’s services include Women’s First Hour, where female members get prioritized shopping and appointment hours to browse without having to queue up; bra and tights fittings; as well as exclusive styling sessions for their family and friends.
With its latest renovation, Nike Fort plays to three guiding principles: bringing access to sport, adding value to the local community and creating a destination that brings consumers closer to sport and one another. These principals are brought to life through three distinct zones:
- Access to sport: The Sport Hub is a concierge service that helps shoppers find opportunities to participate in sport in the city, as well as avail of styling services. These 60-minute 1:1 sessions with the store stylists are aimed to create looks tailor-made to the customer’s needs, help shoppers discover new sports by matching it with the apparel and footwear, as well as new seasonal styles.
- Adding value to local community: The City Replay zone is a studio that brings an assortment of hyperlocal products through customization of tees, totes, caps and shoes via designs of home-grown talent.
- Bringing consumers closer to sport and to one another: Experience Studio is a wellness destination that focuses on Nike’s five facets of fitness: movement, mindset, recovery, nutrition and sleep. Consumers can participate in group sessions or sign up for 1:1 expert sessions tailored to their health & wellness goals.
“Nike Fort is more than just a Sport Hub; it is also a lifestyle destination for all those who want to pursue an avenue for self-expression through design culture, and creates a seamless connection between digital and bricks-and-mortar experiences,” says Tarundeep Singh, Senior Director of Nike Partner Stores for Southeast Asia and India region. “As we celebrate Nike’s 50th anniversary this May, we hope Nike Fort will help Filipinos fall in love with sport and with Nike.”
Bonifacio’s green space with running tracks, basketball courts, football pitches, parks and walking trails, further provides an ideal surround to Nike Fort’s sports and wellness destination, which has been highlighted by its external wall mural created by local artist, Anjo Bolarda. Better known as Bitto, Anjo’s wall art explores relationships between female athletes, sport and local flavours in a contemporary society. Keeping consistent with the messaging relating to sport, the idea behind the mural inspires everyone to ‘Make Sport a Daily Habit’.
“We envision Nike Fort to be the ultimate destination for the Nike consumer in the country. This newly expanded and elevated door will offer the most extensive array of Nike products and services and will accord our visitors a distinctive premium retail experience,” enthuses Miguel Celdran, Managing Director of Green Tee Inc.
The new Park Fort is located at B3, Bonifacio High Street, 9th Avenue.
Further, You also customized Nike shoes. Here are some of the You designs:
- Hey Mady!: Hey Mady’s Nike By You collection highlights everyday cultural icons seen in Pinoy neighborhoods where we can huddle openly and enrich our sense of community. These can be seen in makeshift basketball hoops where Pinoys gather until what begins as a mere play of ball turns into a game of who buys merienda for the winning team. They are the same people found in the barangay basketball leagues, surrounded by spectators whose cheering fills our ears, commentators booming into the microphone, and the momentous ringing of the buzzer that punctuates the game.
At a nearby sari-sari store, they are heard teasing each other as they pass around glistening pouches of ice tubig, soaked as the shirts on their back. Some recharge in the carinderia across the street where the air is filled with the smell of a deep-fried snack.
We celebrate these spaces that strengthen the community and love for sports. Because where there is love of sports, there is a shelter for dreams.
- Bitto: The spirit of the Philippines, in all its bustling glory, inspires Bitto’s Nike By You design collection. In imagining everyday sports within this vibrant and diverse country, he incorporates recognizable elements endeared to us. Festive colors and design we see from the roaring jeepney – including wings, symbolic of its speed, but also of victory – reflective stickers, and the industrial paint palette of tricycles and sorbetes carts are present all throughout. These urban visuals are then coupled with banig and local weave patterns in order to pay homage to our cultural diversity. Lastly, Bitto also draws inspiration from everyday experiences in urban settings to capture this tropical landscape and its prismatic charms.
- Bitto’s mural: Bitto’s mural celebrates the strength of women athletes and their achievements. He also reflects the neighborhood the Nike store is situated in, depicting an active exterior in the form of joggers and training athletes.
- googoo&gaga: With light and fun in mind, we showcase Filipino culture with cheerful characters, bright elements from our national flag, well-known street food, and majestic indigenous animals in this collaboration. It also highlights our love for basketball and sports.