LAGAWE, Ifugao November 16 – A 44-year old labourer died after he was electrocuted while working on the library building of the Ifugao State University (IFSU) Lagawe campus located at Bahawit, poblacion West, here, Wednesday.
Police authorities identified the arrested individual as Marvin Hilit Guieb, 44, married, and a resident of Lantap, Bagabag, Nueva Vizcaya.
Initial police investigation showed that the victim was doing wielding works in one of the portions of the building when the corrugated steel bar got in touch with a live wire of the Ifugao Electric Cooperative (IFELCO) that caused his electrocution.
The victim was rushed to the Ifugao District Hospital for medical treatment but he was declared dead on arrival by attending physicians due to multiple injuries.
The victim’s cadaver was immediately brought home by his relatives to his home town for him to be given a descent wake and burial.
By Dexter A. See