HPG-CAR seeks wider space for reg’l office

  • 187
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    187
    Shares

BAGUIO CITY – The Cordillera office of the Highway Patrol Group (HPG) is looking for a spacious area to transfer its regional office now situated at the back of the Baguio Convention Center to provide services to motor vehicle owners, especially trucks and other similar vehicles that need a wider space to maneuver.

HPG-CAR regional director Police Lt. Col. Kimberly Molitas reported that the initial plan is to transfer to an area within the property of the State-owned Benguet State University (BSU) for the convenience of its increasing number of clients, especially among owners of trucks who need to subject their vehicles to the services being provided by the law enforcement agency.

She disclosed that based on the volume of transactions of the HPG-CAR, 70 percent of their clients come from Benguet and other parts of the region while the remaining 30 percent comes from the city, thus, the need for the relocation of the regional office to a more convenient area for most of its clients to facilitate the speedy transaction of business with the law enforcement agency.

Aside from working out the transfer of the HPG-CAR regional office, Molitas is also working out the identification of wider areas for its provincial offices to provide better services for their respective clients following the significant increase in the volume of transactions of the agency from vehicle owners in the different parts of the region.

The HPG-CAR official claimed that the agency consummated an agreement with Mayor Abraham B. Akilit of Bauko, Mountain Province for the use of a space within the municipal evacuation center as the HPG provincial office of Mountain Province.

According to her, the HPG provincial offices are now being empowered to provide more services to the motorists in their respective areas of jurisdiction to help decongest the regional office from the huge volume of transactions daily for the convenience of the vehicle owners in the provinces.

Molitas called on vehicle owners to continue availing of the services of the law enforcement agency, especially in the identification of hot cars, so that they will not be victimized by unscrupulous individuals into buying vehicles that have been subjected to alarm by the original owners.

She is also working out the increase in the number of HPG personnel to be assigned in the different provincial offices increase quality services to the increasing number of clients within the jurisdiction of the various offices.

Molitas pointed out that she opted to be assigned in the region to also render services to her province mates from the different parts of the Cordillera as it is high time for her to do so as she was already able to serve in various parts of the country in different capacities after graduating from the Philippine National Police Academy (PNPA). By HENT

Comments