Carpenter electrocuted in Bauko

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

BAUKO, Mountain Province  – A 53-year old carpenter died after he was electrocuted while he was fixing the steel bars of a residential house undergoing construction at Mabaay, here, recently.

Senior Superintendent Cornelio Comila, officer-in-charge of the Mountain Province Police Office, identified the victim as Daniel Madchanom Ermmem, 53, married, carpenter, and a resident of Mainit, Bontoc, Mountain Province.

Initial police investigation showed the victim, together with his fellow carpenters, were fixing the steel bars of a residential house undergoing construction when he stood to relax but his head accidentally hit the high tension wire of the Mountain Province Electric Cooperative (MOPRECO) causing his electrocution and his being thrown out of the structure and fell on the concrete pavement from 20-feet above.

He was immediately rushed to the Luis Hora Regional Memorial Hospital in nearby Abatan but he was declared dead on arrival by attending physicians due to multiple injuries as a result of his being electrocuted and his falling on the ground.

By Dexter A. See

Comments