This post has already been read 574 times!
BUGUIAS, Benguet– Local chief executives of the three northern towns of the province agreed to set up a common triage in barangay Natubleng to contribute in efforts to control the movement of people despite the downgrading of Benguet’s status from general community quarantine (GCQ) to modified general community quarantine (MGCQ) from July 16-31, 2020.
Mankayan Mayor Frenzel A. Ayong said the agreement to set up a common triage for the three northern municipalities of Buguias, Bakun and Mankayan, was an offshoot of the observations previously raised on the need for local governments to adopt appropriate measures that will control the movement of people inside and outside the municipalities even with the improvement on the province’s community quarantine status.
He added that law enforcers and health workers who will be assigned to manage the common triage will strictly monitor the compliance of motorists to the established health and safety protocols and to ensure that people travelling are those having essential transactions outside their homes.
He added that Bakun Mayor Bill Raymundo and Buguias Mayor Ruben Tindaan agreed to the earlier proposal for the three northern towns to establish their common triage in a strategic area that will cater to the community quarantine requirements specifically the strict implementation of the prescribed health and safety protocols to prevent the number of confirmed cases in the said municipalities from drastically increasing that will compromise the existing health facilities in the province.
See more stories:
Aside from the establishment of the common triage, Mayor Ayong disclosed the Mankayan municipal government established a checkpoint with the town’s boundary in barangay Guinaoang managed by barangay officials from Bulalacao, Guinaoang, Taneg and Suyoc, law enforcers and health workers, to control the movement of people in and out of the municipality as it is observed that many people had started to be out of their homes amidst the government’s efforts to compel them to stay at home to prevent them from contracting the deadly virus and spread the same in their communities.
Of the province’s 49 confirmed COVID-19 cases since the start of the implementation of the community quarantine last March 17, 2020, Buguias had some 5 cases while Mankayan and Bakun had 1 case each.
Ayong claimed that people cannot afford to relax because of the few number of COVID-19 cases in the three northern municipalities because the virus is vicious and cannot be seen, thus, individuals who are always out of their homes can easily contract the same when exposed to the elements that is why the best way to combat the illness is for people to comply with the established health and safety protocols such as the wearing of face masks at all times and adherence to physical distancing as well as for them to stay home.
He called on their constituents and the people wanting to go in and out of the three municipalities to understand the primary reason why the common triage has been established and the strict implementation of health and safety protocols because what matters is their health and safety.
You might also like: