Notice of search and call For nominations
The Board of Regents of the Benguet State University is announcing the Search for Two Private Sector Representatives to complete the membership of its Governing Board.
CRITERIA AND GUIDELINES for Nomination
A. CRITERIA FOR NOMINEES FOR PRIVATE SECTOR REPRESENTATIVE (PSR) —Nominees for PSR to the Benguet State University (BSU) Board of Regents (BOR) must satisfy the following criteria:
1. Must be a prominent Filipino citizen residing in the Philippines;
2. Must be at least forty (40) years old;
3. Must be a person of unquestioned integrity and probity and must not have been convicted of any administrative offense or crime;
4. Must be successful in his/her profession or chosen field;
5. Must be from the industry, business, or profession that can contribute to the pursuit of the mandate of BSU;
6. Must have at least three (3) years proven experience in a managerial position or corporate governance;
7. Must have solid contribution to the community and/or country;
8. Must not be connected with BSU in any manner for two years prior to the nomination;
9. Must have an extensive record of employment, business, expertise, and connection with the private sector. If the nominee previously worked in any capacity with a government entity or was a consultant in any government undertaking of whatever nature, the proportion of the time the nominee served in government should not exceed one-fourth of the entire time served in the private sector;
10. Must not in any way be presently employed or appointed to any position in any government agency or entity (national, local, or government-owned or controlled corporation), be it on a full-time or part-time basis, at the time of nomination; and
11. Must explicitly manifest availability of time and commitment to the service of BSU.
B. NOMINATION REQUIREMENTS — Nominators/Nominees for the position of PSR should provide all pertinent details, as follows:
1. Duly accomplished and notarized nomination form (copies of the form are available at the Office of the University and Board Secretary)
2. Supporting documents:
• Curriculum Vitae of nominee with duly certified documents in support of data specified therein (e.g., academic records; past and current employment/service records; awards received, SEC Registration of companies owned by nominee; etc.)
• Certification that nominee is not connected with BSU;
• Certification that nominee is not currently employed in any government agency/office;
• Original NBI clearance; and
3. Nominee’s Conforme — Nominees should indicate their acceptance of the nomination by signing their conforme on the designated portion of the notarized nomination form.
Nominators shall submit their nominations and all supporting documents to the Office of the University Board Secretary, Secretariat of the Search Committee, Benguet State University, located at La Trinidad, Benguet not later than at 5 o’clock in the afternoon on April 30,2021. The Search Committee shall only consider nominations with complete supporting documents.
Nominations should be addressed to:
MA. OLIVA Z. DOMINGO, DPA
Chair, Search Committee for Prominent Citizen
C/O the Office of the University and Board Secretary
Administration Building, Benguet State University
La Trinidad, Benguet