TUBLAY, Benguet – A 38-year old back hoe operator died after he was accidentally electrocuted when he allegedly held on an iron electric pole inside the compound of a construction company at Acop, Caponga, here, Monday afternoon.
Senior Superintendent Florante Camuyot, officer-in-charge of the Benguet Provincial Police Office, identified the fatality as Jun Agustin Mayos, 38, married, driver/back hoe operator, employed at Tagle Corporation, native of Poblacion, Bokod, Benguet, and presently residing at Acop, Caponga, Tublay, Benguet.
Witnesses informed probers that they saw the victim lying near an iron electric pole inside the compound of their construction company and when they went to look at him and aid him to rise up, they allegedly felt electric current flowing into his body that prompted them to seek the assistance of fellow construction workers to extricate him from the site.
He was rushed to the Benguet General Hsopital (BeGH) for medical treatment but he was pronounced dead on arrival by attending physicians due to alleged electrocution.
His remains lie at the BeGH awaiting the decision of his family.
By Dexter A. See