LAMUT, Ifugao – Eight individuals were hurt after they were allegedly electrocuted when a low-lying wire in their construction site accidentally got in touch with a live wire of the National Grid Corporation (NGCP) at sitio Bunog here Sunday afternoon.
Senior Superintendent Constancio Chinayog, officer-in-charge of the Ifugao Provincial Police Office, identified the alleged electrocution victims as Julius B. Imingig, 43, married, laborer, Elvira P Imingig, 42, married, farmer, and their daughter Nieves P Imingig, 16, student, all a resident of Halog, Nayon, Lamut, Ifugao, Jose B. Bumael, 47, married, farmer, Tirso P. Haligaw, 36, single, farmer, Christopher Nabal-e, 24, married, laborer, Ronnie Bumael, laborer, all a resident of Bimpal, Lamut, Ifugao, and Stephen B. Bah-ni, 29, single, a resident of Nayon, Lamut, Ifugao.
Initial police investigation showed the victims were busy fixing the stockpile of construction materials in their construction site when one of their materials touched a low-lying wire that got in contact with a live wire of the NGCP causing them to be thrown away from the areas where they were standing.
The victims were immediately rushed to the Panupdupan District Hospital for medical treatment and they were pronounced out of danger while the live NGCP wire is being reportedly fixed. By Dexter A. See